Take COTELLIC and ZELBORAF exactly as your healthcare provider tells you. Do not change your dose or stop taking COTELLIC and ZELBORAF unless your healthcare provider tells you to.
Take COTELLIC one time a day for 21 days, followed by 7 days off treatment, to complete a 28-day treatment cycle.
Pills are not actual size.
- Dose can be taken with or without food
- If you miss a dose of COTELLIC or vomit after taking your dose, take your next dose as scheduled
- Store COTELLIC at room temperature
Take ZELBORAF every 12 hours for every day in the 28-day cycle (no rest period).
Pills are not actual size.
- Dose can be taken with or without a meal
- Do not crush or chew ZELBORAF tablets
- If you miss a dose of ZELBORAF, take it as soon as you remember. If it is within 4 hours of your next scheduled dose, just take your next dose at your regular time. Do not make up for the missed dose
- Do not take an additional dose of ZELBORAF if you vomit after taking your scheduled dose. Take your next dose at your regular time
- Store ZELBORAF at room temperature in the original container with the lid tightly closed
- If you have side effects, your healthcare provider may decide to reduce your treatment dose or to stop treatment for a while
- Your healthcare provider may decide to stop treatment completely if side effects do not go away or are severe
Dosing schedule for COTELLIC + ZELBORAF
- COTELLIC is taken on a 28-day cycle
- Days 1 to 21: 3 tablets once a day, every day
- Days 22 to 28: 7 days off treatment
COTELLIC, ZELBORAF is taken every day
- Days 1 to 28: 4 tablets twice a day, every day
Staying on schedule helps you get the most out of your treatments
Your cancer medicines are important to your health. Take your medicines exactly as your healthcare provider tells you. Do not change your dose or stop taking your medicines unless your healthcare provider tells you to.
Helpful ways to remember to take your pills
Routines, visual reminders, and simple tools may help you remember to take your medicines.
- Get organized: Keep your prescription bottles in a place where you will remember to take your medicines
- Use a treatment journal or calendar: Calendars or notebooks are visual tools that can help you keep track of your treatment schedule, including the week you do not take COTELLIC. If you think this might be helpful, you can download a calendar for COTELLIC + ZELBORAF
- Keep at least one visual reminder somewhere in your house: A note on the refrigerator, a bulletin board, or a place you go to every day in your house may ensure that you take your medicine before leaving home
- Set up a routine: Taking your pills at the same time every day, such as in the morning or with a meal, can make it easier to remember
- Use alarms or reminder calls: Setting up an alarm on your phone or computer can be helpful. You may even consider having a loved one call you to help you remember